Insan’s Democracy Watch programme spotlights the margins of concern by:
- Pointing out the need for reforms in electoral legislation and encouraging Arab governments to bring their standards up to democratic par by lobbying those in charge of international aid programmes in order to address these issues and secure the necessary legal frameworks.
- Endorsing those proposing appropriate reforms.
- Lobbying and campaigning toward the removal of laws quarantining citizens’ freedom of association and speech.
- Working to propose legislative reforms to put an end to the gagging of an independent media.
- Pushing for the introduction of modern, democratic legislation to guarantee the establishment of full democratic processes through the introduction of an open system of political parties guaranteeing pluralism, the participation of women, and the empowerment of minority groups.
- Emphasising the generation of open debate and making the voice of the young heard in the region.